It has been a long time since Nature’s Gym has been able to function normally, but we are pleased to announce that from July 2021, we will be back to full strength! If you are new to volunteering with us please email Jess who would be happy to send you all the relevant details. This will include information about how to join and the current programme. If you are one of our regulars, you will receive a new programme shortly. This will no longer be on a booking system, but we will ask you to confirm if you are coming or not to make it easier to plan tasks and work.
We will of course continue to follow Government guidelines and should anything change we will let you know. Please rest assured, we will do all we can to ensure the sessions are run in a COVID-19 secure way. To ensure we do this, there are a few things you need to be aware of before attending.
A few things to be aware of
- If you are clinically extremely vulnerable, this does not prevent you from volunteering with us because you are no longer advised to shield. However, you should continue to follow the guidance for people who are clinically extremely vulnerable and are advised to continue taking extra precautions to protect yourself. We ask that you think very carefully before coming out with us if you fall in to this category.
- To help protect yourself and your friends, family, and community you should continue to follow all of the guidance even if you’ve been vaccinated against COVID-19.
Symptoms of Coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of COVID-19:
- Get a PCR test (test that is sent to a lab) to check if you have COVID-19 as soon as possible.
- You and anyone you live with should stay at home and not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
- Please do not come to a session if you or anyone you live with have Coronavirus symptoms.
- Get a PCR test to check if you have COVID-19 on GOV.UK
If you have been told to self-isolate for any reason, please do not attend Nature’s Gym for 10 full days unless your PCR-test comes back negative..
© Crown copyright