A food chain shows how each living thing gets its food. Some animals eat plants, some animals eat other animals and some eat plants and other animals. A food chain always starts with plant life and ends with an animal.
- The food chain is the transfer of energy from one species to another.
- All living things needs energy for growth and health.
- Within a food chain, some living things create the energy (producers) and some use the energy (consumers).
- Plants are producers of energy, as they make their own food (using sunlight, soil, and other elements).
- Animals are consumers, because they have to eat other animals and plants.
A Teachers Guide 14 – A Teacher’s Guide to Foodchains
Food Chains worksheets
Food Chains Worksheet 016 – Food Chains missing words worksheet
Food Chains Worksheet 017 – True or False
Food Chains worksheet 018 – Make your own
Food Chains worksheet 019 – Food Chains different Ecosystems
Food Chains Worksheet 016a – Food Chains missing words worksheet (answers)
Food Chains Worksheet 017a – True or False (answers)
Food Chains worksheet 018a – Make your own (answers)
Food Chains worksheet 019a – Food Chains different Ecosystems (answers)