A food chain shows how each living thing gets its food. Some animals eat plants, some animals eat other animals and some eat plants and other animals. A food chain always starts with plant life and ends with an animal.
- The food chain is the transfer of energy from one species to another.
- All living things needs energy for growth and health.
- Within a food chain, some living things create the energy (producers) and some use the energy (consumers).
- Plants are producers of energy, as they make their own food (using sunlight, soil, and other elements).
- Animals are consumers, because they have to eat other animals and plants.
Worksheet 012 – Food chains 1 – Missing words
Worksheet 013 – Food chains 2 – Different biomes
Worksheet 014 – Food chains 3 – Make your own food chains