Successful Bid to the Mayor’s Fund brings improvements to Burnt Ash Pond
After an unsuccessful attempt at applying for an Awards for All grant, the Burnt Ash Pond Friends, were finally successful with a bid to the Mayor’s Fund. This fund is intended to help wards make improvements that cannot be delivered through the existing Localities Fund.
- It may be used as ‘seed’ funding to attract other sources of finance.
- It will support chosen assembly priorities for each ward.
- It will help each assembly to make decisions and bring about change.
– Fingerboard signs to direct people to the reserve.
– A pond dipping platform to enable children and others to access the water’s edge more safely.
– A purpose-built compost area to assist volunteers with the management of the pond.
– A new brick housing for the water supply, hose and associated attachment to enable the topping up of the pond when necessary.
The money will also pay for tools & materials to facilitate more education activities reserve. It is hoped that in the long run, local schools will use the site without the need of an officer, and take more ‘ownership’ of it.
If you are interested in helping in the suture management of Burnt Ash Pond or just take an interest in this local greenspace, why not join the Friends? If you are interested please contact Jess Kyle