A message from our friends at the London Wildlife Trust
A guided walk through New Cross Gate Cutting to take in the wonder of the dawn chorus.
Date: Saturday 7 May
Location: Vesta Road, Lewisham, SE4 2NT
Doges: Guide dogs only
Mobility: Uneven topography, including some steps and steep paths
Wheelchair access: No
Join London Wildlife Trust’s Great North Wood team at New Cross Gate Cutting on Saturday 7th May 2022 for a dawn chorus walk.
The birdsong that erupts early in the morning telling us that a new day has begun is at its peak in Spring and is called the dawn chorus. From wrens to robins, tits to finches, come and hear the birds singing in one of nature’s best concerts and explore this wonderful nature reserve.
The event will start at 5.00am at New Cross Gate Cutting, the entrance to which is via the London Wildlife Trust branded green gates on Vesta Road. Please arrive promptly so that we don’t miss the peak.
The event is open to all and free to attend. Hot drinks will be available free of charge.
Please note the following:
- No dogs, except guide dogs are allowed in the Nature Reserve.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather as the event will be outdoors.
- Please wear appropriate footwear for walking on potentially muddy paths in the woods.
- There are no toilets onsite.
- The terrain is uneven, including steps, so please keep this in mind when booking.
- You may wish to bring a torch with you as we will begin in the dark.
- You may wish to bring binoculars with you and if you don’t have any, we will have some to lend out.
If you have any questions about this event, please email us at email@example.com
This walk is delivered free of charge as part of London Wildlife Trust’s Great North Wood project funded by the Government’s Green Recovery Challenge Fund. Donations to London Wildlife Trust are welcome.
Dawn Chorus Walk at New Cross Gate Cutting
Sat, 7 May 2022 05:00 – 06:30 BS