Help protect this hidden oasis and join the Friends of the Green.
This is former tennis club that was landscaped into an attractive informal park at the turn of the century under the Countryside Agency’s ‘Millennium Greens’ scheme. The Albion Millennium Green Trust was then established to protect and preserve this tiny green oasis, tucked away at the end of Albion Villas Road, off Sydenham Park Road. A number of local residents are keen to continue this work and have been doing great works to protect the site and raise its profile. So far they have achieved;
1. the first ticketed event; The Bedlam Bunch kids shows
2. May Day and the planting of 13 fruit trees with Nature’s Gym volunteers
3. Paths have been kept clear of foliage
4. Increase in species diversity including the rare Jersey Tiger Moth
5. Interactive Google Map with 1500 hits. – Click here to view!
They are holding an AGM at the All in One pub, 53 Perry Vale, Forest Hill, London, London, SE23 2NE on 29th October at 7.30pm. Click here for a map.
All are welcome to join
As you can see so much has been achieved, but so much more can be done and the group needs your help. If you think you can help in any way, please join them at your meeting to see what you can do!